Last Revised: June 7, 2022
Mediflix understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your Personal Information (“PI”) is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this Mediflix Platform, and will only collect and use PI in ways that are described here (whether or not you have an account with us), and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
Subscription on Mediflix Platform
- What information we collect about you and why;
- How we use information about you;
- How your information may be shared;
- How we store and process information about you;
- When and how we communicate with you;
- How long we may keep PI about you;
- How you can opt-out from receiving communications from us;
- Cookies and our Analysis Tools;
- Information over the Internet and other Mediflix Platforms;
- Legal disclaimer; and
- How to contact us.
What information we collect about you and why:
We may collect two types of information: PI and information that is not personally identifiable (“Non PI”).Please note that we will not sell your PI to anyone.
What PI Do We Collect?
- When you register or subscribe with Mediflix, we may ask for information such as your first name, last name and e-mail address. We also acquire your Internet protocol address and/or mobile device identification, which certain jurisdictions consider to be PI because it could be used to identify an individual or device if it were combined with other identifying information. To be clear, Mediflix uses PI to engage in location analysis, user experience tracking and other Platform related functions.
- We may capture user information when users send us questions or comments via e-mail. Information collected in this manner will only be used to contact the user and/or respond to the user’s inquiry/issue. Sending us an e-mail will not enroll you on our e-mail list unless you specifically request it.
- For subscriptions or purchases made through the Mediflix Platform, Mediflix may use a thirdparty payment processor which will collect your full name, e-mail address, postal address, contact details and credit or debit card information (“Billing Information”). This record will be stored and processed in the United States and other countries (see further below under “How we use information about you” and “How we store and process information about you”). By making a purchase, you grant to us and to all other persons and entities involved in the operation of the Mediflix Platform, the right to use, store, monitor, retrieve and transmit your account information in connection with the operation of the Mediflix Platform and as otherwise provided herein. You also agree that such access and use of your PI is governed by their privacy policies. We are not responsible or liable for the content, activities or privacy policies of any third-party sites. Accordingly, please refer to their respective privacy policies.
- We generally do not request on or through the Mediflix Platform other information that is often considered “highly sensitive,” such as other financial account information (e.g., credit report information, bank account numbers), personal health information (Mediflix is neither a covered entity nor a business associate under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, as amended “HIPAA” and therefore has not direct or indirect obligations under that law), or government issued identification (e.g., your social security card, driver’s license, or passport), although we reserve the right to do so when such information is necessary to verify your Billing Information.
- We take reasonable precautions to protect the confidentiality and security of your PI by using industry recognized security safeguards such as site monitoring, secured networks and servers, firewalls and/or encryption. When you enter PI (including personal health information), we encrypt the transmission of that information and/or use SSL connections (Secure Socket Layer) technology. Your credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks. Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the Internet is completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your PI within industry standards, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- We may also obtain your PI through your use of Mediflix Communities on third party social media platforms depending on your settings or the privacy policies of the third party social media platform. To change your settings on these services, please refer to their respective privacy notices.
The information we collect through the Mediflix Platform:
- User-provided Information. When you use the Mediflix Platform, Mediflix collects information including name, e-mail address, mailing address, mobile phone number, and credit card or other billing information. PI also includes other information, such as date of birth, geographic area, or preferences, when any such information is linked to information that identifies a specific individual.
- “Cookies” Information. When you visit the Mediflix Platform, we may send one or more cookies (a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters) or similar code to your Devices. Some of this code may remain on your Devices and may be used by your browser or Devices on subsequent visits to the Mediflix Platform. This allows us to “remember” what you have done on the Mediflix Platform before and personalize the Mediflix Platform for you. Please look through your browser’s or device’s technical support resources to learn the correct way to remove or disable this code. Please note that disabling this code may prevent you from accessing some of the functionality and offerings available via the Mediflix Platform.
- “Automatically Collected” Information. When you use the Mediflix Platform, we may automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including but not limited to IP addresses. This “automatically collected” information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Mediflix Platform. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with Content and Content Contributors as well as the Content you choose not to access
How we use the information Mediflix collects. We use information we collect in providing the Mediflix Platform and operating our business, including the following:
- we use the information that we collect on the Mediflix Platform to offer the Mediflix Content, and to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Mediflix Platform, to provide Mediflix Platform services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions, and otherwise to provide support to Users.
- we use the information that we collect on the Mediflix Platform to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our Users, to improve the Mediflix Platform, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionalities.
- we may use your e-mail address or other information we collect on the Mediflix Platform (i) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer outreach for the Mediflix Platform, to send reminders, to address intellectual property infringement, right of privacy violations or defamation issues related to User content posted on the Mediflix Platform or (ii) to send communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to services offered by Content Contributors and by third parties we work with. Generally, you have the ability to optout of receiving any promotional communications by contacting us at email@example.com.
- we may use “cookies” information and “automatically collected” information we collect on the Mediflix Platform to: (i) personalize our Mediflix Platform; (ii) monitor and analyze your use of Mediflix Platform in order to provide Content consistent with your experience ; and (iii) monitor aggregate site usage metrics.
How we use information about you:
We may use the PI we collect in the following ways:
- to contact registered or subscription users with updates and relevant information about the Mediflix Platform,our content and services. If you wish to decline to receive promotional emails or other communications fromus, please refer to the “How you can opt-out from receiving communications from us” Section below;
- to provide users with personalized offers, promotions, news, events and other relevant information. Such direct marketing shall be sent in response to a request from a user to receive newsletters, marketing e-mails or similar communications, or when a User has purchased content or expressed interest in such content or services;
- to quickly process User requests for information and to allow us to respond efficiently to user questions;
- to monitor Mediflix Platform statistics;
- to respond to or satisfy legal requirements, such as a court order, a subpoena, or a law enforcement agency’s or other public agency’s request;
- to help prevent the instigation of a crime, to help facilitate an investigation related to public safety, to help protect the safety of a child using our Mediflix Platform, to help protect the security or integrity of our Mediflix Platform, or to enable us to take precautions against liability;
- to provide information to service providers or such companies who provide support for the operations of our Mediflix Platform and who do not use or disclose the information for any other purpose;
- to administer a contest or other promotion, survey or other features; and
- to allow us to disclose your PI to the extent permitted by law.
How your information may be shared:
- Except as set forth below, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties our Users’ PI unless we receive the User’s consent. That being said, in the following situations, we may share PI with outside parties:
- Subsidiaries, Mediflix Platform Consultants and Service Providers. We may disclose PI to our subsidiaries, third party consultants and service providers (such as providers of hosting, support, returns, maintenance, third party payment processing agencies, and remedial and repair services) to the extent that they require access to our databases, or the information contained in our databases, to service us and the Mediflix Platform;
- Reorganization or Sale. In the event that we merge with or become a part of another organization, or in the event that we are sold, we sell all or substantially all of our assets, or we are otherwise reorganized, the information you provide will be one of the transferred assets to the acquiring or reorganized entity;
- To Help Protect Minor Users of Our Mediflix Platform. In the event that the safety of our Users is threatened, and we are able to do something about that by sharing PI with third parties, we reserve the right to do so. This may be done to prevent the instigation of a crime, to help facilitate an investigation related to public safety, to help protect the safety of a child using our Mediflix Platform, to help protect the security or integrity of our Mediflix Platform, or to enable us to take precautions against liability;
- As Otherwise Allowed by Law. We may transfer PI to third parties where we are expressly authorized by applicable law to do so;
- Aggregated Information. We may aggregate deidentified information that you provide with information provided by other individuals, and we may transfer that aggregated information to third parties;
- We may make available services such as blogs, message boards and chat functionality to which you are able to post information and materials on the Mediflix Platform or through Mediflix Communities on third=party social media platforms. Please note that any information you disclose through such services or otherwise on the Mediflix Platform or third-party social media platforms becomes public information and may be available to other users of the social media platforms or the Mediflix Platform. In addition, when you choose to make a posting on such services certain PI will be available for other Users to view. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose PI about you, or any other information, on the Mediflix Platform or any social media hosted Mediflix Community. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY ANY THIRD-PARTY OF ANY PI YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSE THROUGH ANY SUCH SERVICES OR OTHERWISE ON THE MEDIFLIX PLATFORM; and
- With your express consent.
How we store and process information about you:
This Mediflix Platform is hosted in the United States. In order to communicate with you about Content, the information that we collect from you may be transferred to, stored, used and processed by Mediflix in the United States or one of our service providers based in the United States or outside of the United States. Such entities may be engaged in, among other things: (i) preparing and sending newsletters to which you subscribe; (ii) the processing of payment details; and (iii) the provision of support services.
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY THE LAW OF THE COUNTRY IN WHICH YOU ARE LOCATED, YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT YOU MAY HAVE TO REQUIRE US TO TREAT YOUR IDENTIFYING INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF ANY COUNTRY OR JURISIDICTION OTHER THAN THE UNITED STATES. HOWEVER, THE FOREGOING WAIVER MAY NOT BE LEGALLY BINDING IN SOME COUNTRIES, SUCH AS THE MEMBER STATES OF THE EUROPEAN UNION. TO THE EXTENT IT IS NOT LEGALLY BINDING IN THE COUNTRY IN WHICH YOU ARE LOCATED, THIS FOREGOING WAIVER DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU.
When and how we communicate with you:
You may unsubscribe from promotional e-mails and other commercial communications by following the instructions contained within the communication or e-mailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that due to marketing production schedules you may receive messages already in production.
Information over the Internet and other Mediflix Platforms
The Internet is a global network and, therefore, there are times when information about you travels globally and may not always be completely secure. If you provide us with information over the Internet, this will be at your own risk. By using the Mediflix Platform, you agree and authorize us to process information in this way. However, please be assured that we use commercially reasonable procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access to information about you.
We are not responsible nor will be liable to you in any way for events beyond our direct control. Because of the complex and constantly changing nature of our technology and business, we cannot guarantee nor do we represent that our performance will be error free, and to the maximum extent permitted by law we will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages or other loss suffered by you and relating to the use or release of your PI.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”)
In addition to the rights described herein, you may ask us to delete certain PI to the extent reasonably possible and consistent with California law. However, note that the right to delete is limited and we cannot assure that all information you request for deletion can or will be deleted. Moreover, the Mediflix Platform is developed to respond to such information or that functions will be available without such information.
How to contact us:
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions or comments you may have regarding the privacy of your information.
Copyright © 2022 Mediflix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.